Monday, October 29, 2012

three months



big smile for daddy when he got her in the morning
Three months already?!  Each month goes by faster than the last, it's crazy!  We are doing great. She is still an angel.  I'm pretty sure she knows when I'm going to write about her, because she is always being great right around her month mark.  In between, however, she makes me go a little crazy wondering how I ruined my great sleeper who rarely cried.  At the beginning of the month we were battling midnight to one in the morning bedtimes.  Just last week she started waking up 2-3 times a night.  We figured out it was because she was getting cold.  A space heater cured those night awakenings   And after starting this post, she woke up and decided that she didn't like to sleep anymore!  Not at night or during the day, in her crib, in my arms, nowhere!  Luckily it only lasted a few days.  She must have been going through a "phase."  Or so I read.  Kade makes fun of me because when Avery is having a bad day, he comes home to find me feeding her and googling baby sleep stuff.
For the past few days, she's been falling asleep around 9, and sleeping in until 8.  She also falls asleep on her own for her naps.  Very nice. Hopefully it lasts.  She still hates church though, won't sleep, and is too tired to eat properly.  But luckily, once we get home, she passes out, so we can too! :)

*Is finally sleeping in her crib.  At least for naps, at night we put her in her bouncer because she sleeps longer.  On good days, I can get her almost asleep and lay her in her crib for her naps and she will sleep for a couple hours.  On other days I resort to her swing to get her to sleep.
*still hasn't really rolled all the way over.. she loves to pull her legs up and roll from side to side though.  I call her my little rolly-polly.  It's super cute.   She has full control of her head, which is impressive considering how big it is compared to the rest of her body!


*she has pretty much grown out of 0-3 month clothes and is still wearing size 1 diapers.
*we finally got her to take a pacifier! it only took 3 different kinds to find the right one.  She still isn't very thrilled about the pacifier, but it can calm her down and help her fall asleep if we can keep it in her mouth. She does love her thumb though, when she can find it.
thumb sucker

*still has no hair :)
* smiles all the time, and if she is in a good mood (or loopy from lack of sleep) she will laugh out loud.


I've been trying to get her laugh on video, but it's so hard unless I carry a camera everywhere.  Kade was able to get this one night on his iphone.  It's kinda dark.

*loves to talk and sing
*I am considering starting piano lessons again, because she is pretty patient and doesn't cry much.
*can't swaddle her anymore, she gets out of it in less than a minute because she freaks out too much.
*has experienced her first real rain and snow fall, too bad she's too little still to enjoy it!

not sure on her stats.. can't get my scale to be consistent...

No comments: