Friday, August 17, 2012

1 month


yummy!
I can't believe Avery is already a month old!  Time sure flies with a new baby.  Days and weeks seem to all blend together.  I'm still in awe that this adorable little girl is all ours!  She is such a sweetheart.  We love her so much!

At one month she is getting much better at holding up her head.  She can turn her head completely during tummy time and she successfully rolled over onto her side all by herself.  She also is better at focusing on our faces rather than looking past our heads.
She's been smiling at us since the beginning, though I'm told its because of gas.  But I'm convinced I got a real smile yesterday.   :)
She still loves to scratch her face, so we are still putting socks on her hands.
She got her first diaper rash yesterday.  Poor girl.  We've been loading her bum up with Desitin and it seems to be helping.
She is sleeping really good.  At about 3 weeks she started sleeping 6-7 hours straight some nights.  And now she consistently sleeps 6-7 hours at night.  Though it is not at a consistent time each night.  Sometimes I go to bed with her at 7 or 8.  But I'm very grateful she is sleeping so well.  I was very paranoid about being kept up all the time before she was born.  She's awake more during the day and likes to feed more often, too.  She is kind of on a 3 hour feeding schedule now, but sometimes its sooner, sometimes later.  It usually depends on how well she naps and if she is trying to get out a poop or has gas.
During her first week, she barely made a peep.  She is definitely getting fussier, but she is still a really mellow baby.  She has a short fussy period right before her long night sleep.  She will cry pretty good for a little bit and then fall asleep for the night.  Even though it makes me sad when she cries, she looks so cute when she is fussy.
Other than going to the doctor, she hasn't been out much.  I'm still scared to take her out.  Partly because of getting her sick, partly because I don't know where we would go or do and how she would handle it.  She has been to church once for her blessing, been on a few walks around the neighborhood, and over to her grandparents house a few times.
Looking back at her hospital pictures, I can really notice how much she has grown.  Her cheeks are getting chunkier and she has the cutest little double chin.  She's also got quite the belly!
Her eyes are still blue.  I hoped she would get her daddy's blue eyes, and so far it looks like they will be!
As for me, my body started feeling back to normal around 2 weeks.  The first week was pretty brutal.  Although she rarely cried, I didn't get any sleep.  By the time I would be able to fall asleep, she would wake up ready to be fed.  By Sunday, I was a mess.  Luckily, I had both Mom and Kade to help.  They sent me to bed after I cried all day for no reason.

Avery's birth stats:
Weight: 7 pounds 2 ounces, 37th percentile
Height:  21 inches, 93rd percentile (no wonder all the nurses kept saying she was so long!)

One month stats:
Weight: 9.6 pounds, 38th percentile
Length:  22 inches, 59th percentile




i love her cute little face

1 comment: