I started working on the nursery for our little girl. Only part of the room is done, so those are the pictures I took. First, I made a blanket with the pretty black and white quilt fabric Mom bought me for my birthday last year. All I did was cut it to size and sew black bias tape around the side. Next, I made a crib skirt with the other pretty black and white fabric Mom bought me. I used THIS great tutorial online to make the crib skirt. I just added a pleat on the short sides and made 3 pleats on the long side. The crib rails cover the pleats, so they are hard to see. Last, I made a diaper stacker using THIS tutorial online. I had barely enough of the black and white fabric left for the top and I happened to have black fabric for the bottom of the bag. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be, but I think it will work. I made all my bedding except for the crib sheets. I wanted a little pink in the room for our little girl, so I bought some pink crib sheets. We don't have a mattress yet, so the sheets are just sitting there.
For the mirror, I repaired and spray painted black an old mirror given to us. The changing table was the one I re-stained a couple years ago in THIS post and goes perfectly with our crib we bought!
I got the cute butterfly frames from umbra.com.
Now once I get the treadmill and keyboard/sewing table out of the room, I can finish the other half.
3 comments:
Elizabeth I am soo impressed with your nursery! Soo cute. Love reading your blog. Miss you.
What a cute nursery! I love the colors. How are you feeling? My first was born in July, and boy does it get hot those last couple of months. :) Can't wait to see pictures of the little princess!
The nursery looks really nice, Elizabeth.I Can't wait to see her soon! :)
Post a Comment