Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Summer Project
I don't know if you remember, but a couple years ago when we were living in Utah going to school, we were in desperate need of a dresser. We were so lucky to find a free dresser sitting by our apartment's dumpster. The thing was actually a dresser with a changing table on top and was very sad looking.
After leaving Utah for Winnemucca and a new house, we were able to get real furniture. We seriously thought about throwing it out or giving it away, but I decided I wanted to try and fix it up. So this summer I started working on it in the garage. I removed the ugly handles, stripped the old finish, hammered some parts back together, and put wood putty on the scratches. It took me quite a while stripping off the old finish because it was hard to work on for more than a couple hours at a time. But I finally got it all stripped and sanded so I could put some new stain on it. With some new handles the dresser looks just like new!
Kade couldn't believe how much better it looks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! Good job! You are becoming one heck of a domestic guru/diva.
Looks awesome!
That looks so good, Elizabeth! You're awesome!
Post a Comment