Saturday, June 20, 2009
Painting
Because I knew I would have so much more free time after school ended I had to have a project ready to be worked on. So, I planned on painting the house. I had never painted a room in my life and was not expecting how exhausting it would be. I soon discovered muscles in my arms that I didn't even know I had. Therefore, I only painted the great room, kitchen, and hallway (mainly because it would have looked weird if I would have stopped early, which I desperately wanted to do). I got super lucky on paint because the week school was ending, there was an ad in the local paper for buy one get one free gallons of paint at True Value. So I was able to get my paint half off! I took about a week to paint it all and I was wore out by the end of that week so I have no plans of completing the house until I can completely forget about my first painting experience. But it did turn out good :)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh I love it! Very pretty! Good job.
One of these days we shall get around to painting our house, but we have to sand down the walls first cuz they were texturized before we bought the house, and I have no upper arm strength so at the sanding will be left to the hubby. ;)
It looks fantastic. We sure know about painting. We're doing our whole basement. The top is done, but we're doing the bottom Wainscoting. It's so much work. And we still have to do our bathrooms. Not fun.
Post a Comment