Friday, June 5, 2009

Garden, Year 2

I have started my second year of gardening. I'm so glad we got our landscaping done so I could grow a bigger garden this year. We also put up a little fence to keep bunnies and Roxy out. Compared to last year, the garden is much bigger. I'm so excited that we got everything planted and I wanted to put pictures up of its progress so far. I packed my garden to the brim with delicious vegetables and fruit. On the left I planted strawberries, broccoli, 3 rows of tomatoes, beans, cucumbers, cantaloupe, watermelon, carrots, 2 grape vines and raspberries along the back fence. On the right side we planted onions, peas, 3 rows of potatoes, and six rows of corn. The pots have some herbs in them.We have already picked lots of delicious green onions and today I picked my first strawberry. We planted the corn a couple weeks ago and its coming up quick. The potatoes, peas, and carrots have gotten really big and the broccoli is coming along really well too. I started the cantaloupe and watermelon from seed in my window and transplanted them because last year the melons didn't have enough time to grow big enough when I planted the seeds.I also planted some flowers in the front of the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! We stopped in Winnemuca May 3oth on our way to Reno... I thought of you!!!