Sunday, April 3, 2011

my lovely new camera

For Christmas I got a new camera from Kade (when I say Kade I mean I picked it out, ordered it, then wrapped it and wrote his name on it..:) I started by experimenting on the couch, then bought The Digital Photographer Book, by Scott Kelby (I definitely recommend!) It was just what I needed.  I took these pictures from outside our back door.  Look how beautiful Winnemucca can be!



One evening Kade needed to go and water our cows out at Adams Peak Ranch.  I wanted to go with him because evening is a perfect time for photography!  The sunset was perfect, and the cows provided a great subject.  

On the way to the farm we saw a rainbow! I set a long exposure to get the surrounding area blurred.  

Before the sun really started to set.  The sky was still blue.

The cows came running when they saw us!

I love the white headed cow that is staring at us in the center of this picture


I think this is my favorite from the group, I love how the water is reflecting the sky.

I'm loving on this picture of Kade and Roxy standing side by side. If only he was wearing a cowboy hat.. it would have been perfect!






I thought the red bucket would add interest to the picture



 I thought I got some pretty good shots for an amateur! I'm going to keep working at it.  I know of some great places to photograph around here that I have to try out.  

No comments: