We were able to spend Dec 20-29 at the Blood house, playing lots of games, shopping, seeing Stephen and Claudia's house, and lots more. We also played a lot of Wii, went go carting, made lots of food, and saw an old friend. It was very difficult to make dinner for 22 people, especially clam chowder. We needed a huge tub for all the soup they ate!
Christmas morning was pretty crazy with all the kids and presents. But it was so much fun watching them open presents. Jonny and Megan had us for Christmas exchange. They gave us some much needed games. We didn't have any! Kade and I had James and he asked us for some throwing knives and a tomahawk. I think he asked that of everyone because all his gifts had to do with knives :) It was pretty funny.
I gave Kade motorcycle boots and new scriptures and he picked out some pajama pants in WV. Kade got me a new camera and let me do some after Christmas sale shopping which was great!
It was so great to see everyone. I don't realize how much I miss them all until I spend time with them. I wish I could live closer but I have to admit it felt like coming home driving into Winnemucca- probably because of our flight home disaster!
We were unfortunate enough to end up flying on a bad day for flying to Reno. On our flight from Salt Lake to Reno our plane had to fly around Reno for 30 minutes waiting for the visibility to go up. When the plane was running low on fuel we flew to Sacramento instead. As the airline was trying to figure out what to do with us we sat in the airplane for 3 hours eating peanuts. They finally decided we were flying back to Salt Lake. When we got to Salt Lake we quickly realized through all the angry people on our flight who were trying to get flights that we weren't getting to Reno for a few days. When Kade got on the phone to get us a flight we were blessed to get one the very next morning! We are pretty sure we got a flight when few others were because Dad Blood had booked the flights and he is a special Gold member. We were pretty beat after that flight, but I would do it all over again to spend time with my family! :)
| This is what the guys did pretty much the whole time |
| Jocelyn and Megan opening presents |
| Seth- I love this face- he was very excited about opening presents |
| Kade and I got Mom and Dad new temple bags - Their old flowered ones were very sad |
| The amazing cake Megan made for little Rebekah (the Christmas baby)- she loves buses |
| Megan made the cake so realistic that Rebekah thought it was a toy and grabbed it! She wasnt very happy when it crumbled in her hands :) |
| The cake after being grabbed |
1 comment:
Those pictures are fantastic! Wish I could edit my double chin out of the one with Seth in it. ;)
Do you think you could send me copies of your pictures? I didn't get any pictures of the cake and I LOVE the one of the boys playing Wii (and Seth's ridiculous face, of course). I'll try to get my Christmas post up soon. I have some great video from go carting...
Post a Comment