Sunday, July 11, 2010

utah vacation

I had a great week with my family when they came out to take Timmy to BYU. Kade and I drove out and spent the next day at the cabin. Kade went fishing with Jacob and Dad in the morning at Trial Lake, then everyone else met up with them that afternoon. We then tried to take a very muddy, wet, snowy trail to another lake, but we lost the trail and never made it to the lake. It was still a fun little hike though. And I caught a fish with my dad's pole! After fishing we went back to the cabin for fish and hamburgers. The next morning we went to church near the cabin where everyone was dressed in cowboy boots and funny looking neck ties. Kade had the leave early to get back in time to bale hay that night.
Monday we drove down to Bryce Canyon and did some really cool hikes there. We started at Sunset point and took the Queen's Garden and Navajo trails into the canyon. Joanna and I posing in one of the tunnels on the trail.Tuesday as we were driving to Zion National Park, we took the scenic route and saw Cedar Breaks and Kolob. They were both gorgeous and Kolob reminded my a lot of Yosemite, but with red rocks.The family in front of Cedar BreaksKolob
Cool picture of cactus flower in Kolob
We got to spend a couple days in Zion. Zion is an amazing place, there is so much to see! We did pretty much all the easy and moderate hikes at the park, like the emerald pools trails, weeping rock, and riverside walk. I tried to convince mom and dad blood to go on angel's landing with a 1488 foot ascent, but they couldn't handle it. So us kids (Joanna, Jacob, and James) went up the Narrows instead. We had to get swimming suits on because the hike was up the Virgin River. Most of the time the water was only about to our knees, but there were a few spots where it got pretty high. It wouldn't have been to bad but the water was freezing! As illustrated in this picture of Jacob.. lolJoanna and Jacob in a little cove in the narrows.
The next morning we drove to Winnemucca! I was so excited that they could come to my house! We spent Friday on the farm with Kade where they got to shoot guns, ride dirt bikes, and drive tractors.James on the bike
Kade taking Joanna for a ride on the bike
I have some priceless pictures of mom shooting that we got with a disposable camera. I'll put them up as soon as I get them developed..lol
This was an amazing trip! I'm really glad I got to see everyone and have so much fun with them. And thanks so much for coming out! :)

Rest of the pictures --> click here!

No comments: