
Yay for me! I picked my first vegetables today, two delicious cucumbers. When I checked the garden today there were plenty more that were almost ready to be picked.

And the tomatoes are getting ridiculous, there are about a billion green tomatoes. I'm just waiting for them to turn red... And I have also spotted some grape sized watermelon, who knows if I'll get any of those.

And here is my flower garden, after I ripped out some plants and trimmed the sunflowers. The sunflowers have really gotten out of control. I ripped out the flowers next to them because the flowers weren't visible, and it was starting to look like a weed. Though this picture doesn't show it, our front yard is terrible. From the street you can't even see my flowers because of the enormous weeds blocking everything! Kade assures me that once it gets a little cooler we are putting in sod, thank goodness...

Kade also had an exciting week. Both him and his brother Brandon shot and killed a buck. I love this picture of Kade in his camo for the hunt. He looks like swamp thing.. :)
Kade got his at the Diamond S Ranch. While a herd of deer were coming into the field, Kade ambushed them. He got a 30 yard shot and hit right in the vitals, breaking the arrow in half. The deer got about one hundred yards before dying. I got a call that night explaining he would be very late because they had to find it and gut it.

While it's not as big as the buck he got in 2006, he was still happy he got one. And I was happy he was done hunting and would not be going for 3 days in the wilderness. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment