| My brothers are such studs! |
This was Kade's first time seeing the DC temple. It is such a beautiful temple! The ceremony was all in Spanish, so about half of the people in the room understood, and the other half got a few tidbits of what was being said. It is such a wonderful thing to see two people so in love get sealed to one another forever.
After the ceremony, we all went outside to take pictures. Even though it was the end of September it was really hot and humid that day. Maybe I'm just not used to the humidity anymore, but I was sweating to death! And I was even in a dress, I don't know how the guys were standing it. Oh, and by the way, I made the dress I wore. I thought it came out really good. This was a second attempt for a dress. I started with a different pattern but I made it too short even after adding about 4 inches to the pattern! But my second try was with an easier pattern and it came out good. I was able to make both dresses while Kade was elk hunting in Colorado.
After pictures, we ate lunch and went to do some sight seeing in Washington DC. Kade had never been there before so we were excited to go. We wish we would have had more time to see all the sites, but we got to most of the important ones. We went to the Smithsonian natural history museum and took pictures in front of the white house, though they wouldn't let us get very close.
After touring DC, everyone went to Jonny's house for dinner. Stephen and Claudia also cut a beautiful wedding cake made by Megan, she's so talented! The cake was gorgeous and delicious! After talking a while, we went back to the hotel. The next morning we went to Jonny's church and ate lunch before saying goodbyes and heading back to the airport.
Because we weren't expecting much traffic for a Sunday we were a little late getting to the airport. We had the same plane back to SLC as Aaron and Timmy. So we were all in kind of a hurry to get through security to get to the plane in time. It was the funniest thing seeing slow motion Aaron and Timmy going through security. Kade and I were standing on the other side of security going crazy wondering why they were going so slow when they knew we were late. I think its just guys that age, they are always so slow! :)
But, we got to our plane on time and even our bags made it, so everything was good. It was a short trip, but it was great to see everyone!
Wedding Pictures
DC Pictures
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a fun trip! Always good to see family!
Post a Comment