Thursday, December 3, 2009

Catching up...

So I've been slacking since school started. But finally everything is starting to slow down, though I know it won't last long. In January I start student teaching in a third grade classroom! I'm scared, but excited to finally be done! Well, what has happened since school started... Kade went elk hunting twice with his brothers and dad. Although Kade was just helping he had a great time. He helped his brother Ryan get a nice elk down by Pioche, NV. Then later he went with his dad and brother, Dustin, to Ely to get his dad an elk. They came back with this
After all the hunting trips things have been pretty mellow, except for the school work. This semester I am taking two methods classes (reading and science) a required GE class that is really retarded, and an awesome painting class. For my observations this semester I was in a fifth grade classroom. The teacher was awesome and taught me alot about controlling a classroom. I also subbed a little bit, too. One week I was scheduled to sub all week in a fifth grade classroom but I got sick half way through and had to call a sub for myself.. But it was good to experience the higher level, I liked it a lot.

It was very depressing to see my garden die from the frost, but before the frost came I managed to pick all the watermelons. They filled up the fridge.And I was still picking some delicious raspberries for a while after the frost. Now I guess I just have to wait until next spring.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Wow, now that's a lot of watermelon for you and Kade!