Friday, June 27, 2008

Las Vegas

I know this post is a little late I mean its June and our anniversary was April 29th, oh well.
But I still can't believe it, but Kade and I have been officially married for 2 years! And you know what's even crazier?? The Supercross (dirt bike racing) finals were the same weekend as our anniversary........ So, what not a better way to show our love for each other on our anniversary than to go to a motorcycle race! Ok, ok, the race was in Las Vegas so I'm still happy. After living in the West for 4 years, I have never been able to get down to Las Vegas. So, for our anniversary we went with Kade's friend (who is also obsessed with dirt bikes) and his wife to Las Vegas for a long weekend. We used priceline to name our own price for a hotel room. We were able to get a pretty good deal at the Luxor (the pyramid hotel). But we got a lousy deal on the Supercross tickets. If we would have known the vendor that was selling them we could have saved almost $100. We got the tickets in the mail from some online ticket seller and the stub had the lower price on it, with the website where to get the tickets at that price. Yea, we got ripped off, because the website still had plenty of tickets left.
The hotel was really nice, except we did have one complaint, the room didn't even have cable TV! Even Hotel 8 has cable! Oh well, there was way too much to do to worry about the dang TV. I wish I had pictures for all the amazing stuff we got to do and see but we forgot our camera...
But we did get a few from Kade's friend and his wife that came with.
I'm glad I had another girl to talk to on this trip because Kade and his friend like to talk about dirt bikes when they get together, a lot! I was even introduced to the Twilight books on this trip by his wife. My goodness, how did I not know about these wonderful books before?? Thanks to her I am now obsessed. I mean I have read the books twice now, I Google Twilight, and check the countdown widgets to see exactly how many days until the fourth book comes out. I have even pressured my mother into reading them (with help from my aunt who is also in love with the books).
Ok, back to Vegas. So, the first day in Vegas we walked the strip and went into the intriguing hotels, while trying to avoid the people hired to hand out porn to pedestrians (what the heck??). We saw the Treasure Island performance (not impressive), and the water show at the Bellagio (VERY impressive). The next day we went to the lion exhibit at the MGM, so awesome, and we did some shopping (well at least the girls did). We also rode the roller coaster at the New York hotel like 20 times, it's completely awesome at night, but our necks were killing us after that! We went to the Stratosphere also and rode the roller coasters on top of the building, by far the best was the drop on the needle. That night we went to a comedy show. The next morning we went to the King Tut's tomb at the Luxor (not worth $20), and in the evening we went to the Supercross event. I actually quite enjoyed myself there, it's a lot more exciting than watching it on TV. We actually did pretty well saving money on this trip. We saved money on gas because we car pooled with Kade's friend who had a Corolla. It was a very fun trip, we didn't even scratch the surface with the things to do in Vegas. Too bad Vegas has gotten so scandalous, it really is beautiful!

In front of the pool where they do the water shows









On top of the Stratosphere









In the parking garage of the Luxor

No comments: